вторник, 5 февраля 2013 г.

Eye Candy for Today: Thaulow’s Water Mill

Eye Candy for Today: Thaulow’s Water Mill:
Water Mill, Frits Thaulow

I’m happy to say that after several months of being relegated to the stacks, one of my favorite paintings is back on display at the Philadelphia Museum of Art: Water Mill by Frits Thaulow.
I don’t think anyone handles the reflections, translucency and surface motion of small streams better than Thaulow.
Unfortunately, the museum’s page for the painting has removed the former zoomable image, and their current reproduction is too dark.
I found a better and larger reproduction here, from this blog. (Here is my own photo.)
I’ve written specifically about Water Mill before, as well as writing about Frits Thaulow (in a post with lots of links to Thaulow images), and here.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий